Staceart is a collection of zines, prints, and stickers I create and sell. My goal with my artwork is to provide joy and comfort. Most of my content centers on exploring my fantasy world by drawing mythical creatures - especially my plant sprites and mushroom fae! It's a great way for me to escape into my own head when I need to get away. I also write and draw my autobiography comic about my anxiety and depression called "Strange But Beautiful." It explores the stigma I struggle with by having mental illness and includes how I am seeking help by drawing my anxiety and depression as "monsters" I interact with. The comic originally started as a webcomic, which can be read on Tapas here.
My name is Stacy LeFevre, more commonly known as Stace or Staceart. I was born and raised in Arizona, moved out of state for nearly a decade and returned to AZ in May 2020. I lived in Seattle for 5 years and during my time there, I came across the wonderful world of zines! It was inspiring to attend zine fests and connect with other artists, and even showcased my art at shows like VanCAF and Olympia Zine Fest.
Here's a list of zines that I have/plan to make:
- Strange But Beautiful Issue 1
- Strange But Beautiful Issue 2
- Crybaby Riso Mini-zine
- Fungalmanders Riso Mini-zine
- Sprite Zine 2019-2021 (In progress)
- Mishmash of Autobio Comics (In progress)
- Tying Tubes in Trying Times (working title for a zine about getting sterilized, with the actual surgery taking place on the day Roe v Wade was overturned)
- The Lost Wisp (In progress riso mini-zine)
Find Staceart here: